Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sending Josh Off

Yesterday was a very hard day. We all knew it was coming but it felt so surreal. As you can see Rykkar had a very hard time once he understood that this is the day that we have been talking about for a long time. Here's a picture of Josh saying his last goodbye to Rykkar. Very hard to wath.
At home before Josh left. Rykkar got a hat of daddy's to keep while Daddy is gone.


My 3 boys. They enjoyed spending the day with their dad.

Rykkar's very anticipated moment.... Getting to see daddy's gun. He was very excited to get to see this. Right before we sent daddy off.



The love of my life. Very few people will ever understand how much I truly love this man. He is forever my best friend. Sending him off to war is not the highlight of my life but I DO know that he is very well trained to do his job and that he is really needed in this war.





Rykkar says that when he gets big he wants to be a soldier and shoot guns lol.





Formation time. Getting ready to be issued weapons then lockdown until the buses come.





Last family picture before Daddy leaves for a little bit.
We love you so much Joshua. Keep your spirits high and your head down. We will see you in a few months. Stay safe.
For anyone that would like Josh's address let me know. I am sure he would enjoy letters and a few packages every once in a while. You know what they say, care packages and letters are like gold to a soldier........ May God bless our soldiers and their families.







1 comment:

  1. God Bless you all! Thanks Josh for what you are doing! that picture of Rykkar and Josh is so touching, it warms my heart! Keep in touch Amanda, love you all!

    ReplyDelete