Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Poor Bentley

Poor Bentley... He has hit the teething stage. I can't see any teeth trying to come out, but his gums are definately bothering him. He is chewing on everything and drooling like crazy. When you rub his gums he gets aggitated like it hurts. And if he can grab onto your finger it better be clean, because he will put it straight into his mouth and go to town on chewing it. He has finally discovered how to roll all the way over. He's been able to roll over for a while, but his arm underneath always gets stuck under. This morning he woke me up at 5 to eat and he was screaming. So I made a bottle, went into his room and he had rolled over all the way onto his tummy and he couldn't get back over. I am trying to teach him how to sit up by himself. He has no balance so far. He will sit up alright if I am behind him. But with no support he will fall instantly. I hope he gets the hang of it by the end of August. We are going to try and get family pictures done but I want him to be able to sit up so he can be sitting in this own pictures. We will just have to wait and see.

A little on Rykkar, he is fully potty trained! Yay! He doesn't wear diapers at all. He doesn't have accidents at night or bedtime and he always tells us when he has to go. All I can say is thank goodness for flushable wipes! Toliet paper does not do to well for wiping... Got to make sure we get it all lol. Because Rykkar was such a big boy he got a special surprise in the mail from grandma. He loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so Gradma sent him a big stuffed Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, he loves them. Thanks Grandma!

I am doing well just missing Utah and our family and friends. Trying to get used to Josh having to go out in the field. Josh has been working non stop. His battery is preparing for their deployment to Bulgaria. So Josh has been out in the field every day. We also have a few overnight stays out in the field for Josh. That's gonna suck. I don't know what I am gonna do when he is in Bulgaria for 30 days. Makes me wonder how hard Afghanistan for a year is gonna be. I know I have a lot of support, and we'll be in Utah for 3 months at a time twice so we'll only be alone for like 6 months. We'll just have to take it one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear from you! I stil can't believe you are clear over in Germany! Crazy! Those kids are growing up so quickly :) Rykkar is just darling!

    ReplyDelete