Thursday, March 12, 2009

Nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we got all of Bentley's enrollment done today so that he is insured and we got his dual citizenship birth certificates and went to make his appointment to get circumsized on the "German Economy" which basically means in Army terms, that we don't pay and tricare pays for it. Well I guess in Amberg, where I had Bentley, they don't believe that it is safe to do before the babies are 6 months because anesthesia. So we are going to Sulzbach on Monday and the lady told me that they DON'T use anesthesia!!!! What does she mean?! Are they crazy! That seems like torture.... She said they spray them with stuff to numb them but how is that going to help???? Now I am really nervous. It feels like I'm taking my precious 4 week old baby to get butchered and tortured.... I hope this goes alright....

1 comment:

  1. It's just like when Rykkar got circumcized...they used a local anesthetic.....an injection around the tip where they snip the extra foreskin....an anesthetic spray will do the same thing, but without an injection...which means he may not cry as much because they won't have to poke him first. He'll be fine, I promise! Just make sure you feed him just before he gets it done, because generally they sleep for a long time afterward, they just get exhausted.

    No worries....they never put babies under general anesthesia for a circumcision....so I don't know why they would wait until he's 6 months for a local anesthetic...that's what i used to numb the skin before I do an IV on someone!....p.s. I'm jealous of his hair! Lilly has a lot at the back above her neck...not on the top.

    ReplyDelete