Saturday, January 31, 2009

Being a Mom

Being a Mom is such an amazing blessing. It is amazing what is instilled in you the moment you become pregnant. You would do anything and everything for your children. You find strength in yourself that you didn't know you had. You find patience you never dreamed you would have. Things that you never imagined you would do come so natural. You go through poopy diapers and sleepless nights. You automatically put yourself in the back of the line, making sure that your family has everything they need before you attend to your own needs. I love being a mom. And I am pregnant and feeling a bit mushy. I'm glad that I had a great mom to look up to. It's such a cliche' but you really don't realize all that your mom does for you until you yourself are a mom.
Rykkar and Josh are both pretty sick with colds that are very uncomfortable. Last night we tried going to bed at 9 pm. I got the boys down and decided to take a shower for the day that was now over lol. Once out and ready for bed myself I crawled in at around 10 pm and our wonderful new neighbor decided to turn his music up so loud that it sounded like it was a concert in our living room. Then Rykkar woke up demanding that he sleep with Josh and I in the tiny inn bed. So at about 10:30 pm I got up and let Rykkar and Josh sleep comfortably in the bed together and I decided to call the MP's (Militairy Police). It took them about an half an hour but they finally came and put an end to the noise. After that I put Rykkar in his room because Josh and him kept waking each other up coughing. Anyways I was woken up about 10 times after that from a crying 2 year old sick of being sick and an 8 1/2 month pregnant body demanding to pee and drink gallons of water, only to have to pee more in another hour. Then Rykkar woke up bright and early at 8 am wanting to watch Barney and have Mommy make him pancakes, which when done he decided not to eat. Needless to say I honestly didn't mind any of it. It made me think of my mom and I saw a lot of my mom in myself. I'm glad I had that example
So thanks mom for always thinking of us before yourself. I love you and I'm very grateful to have you in my life. I'm happy that my kids will have you as a grandma to look up to. I know where you got it from because I have the most amazing grandmother in the world. I guess we are all taught by example. I hope I can carry this example on to my children. I love you all. Mom's are the BEST!

2 comments:

  1. So, I may have made you cry with my last post, but you made me cry with this one. Not that it's hard to make me cry or anything. Mike hugs me and tells me he loves me and I start to cry. I had a breakdown for two days before my mom left to go back to Colorado, just because I didn't want her to leave. Anyway...I'm being beckoned by Lilly...or my Boobs are I should say. Love you guys sooo much and miss you tons! Hope we'll be able to get over to see you guys before your 3 years is up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol ya the women in this family are a bunch of saps.... Thanks a lot grandma! Anyways I hope motherhood is treating you well. I can't wait to have Bentley here. Hopefully only 9 days now yay. And I really hope you guys can come out to see us as well. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete