Tuesday, January 27, 2009

All happening at once.....

So I guess when it rains, it poors.... Not in a bad way though. We've gotten a lot of good news, it's just all happening at once. We had our fist doctors appointment on Friday the 23rd. We met our Dr, Dr. Erhart. She is very nice and speaks great English which makes things a little easier. We had our appointment at 10 and didn't get done until 1. These Germans don't mess around with having babies. I had the full work up. I was poked and prodded and given every test imaginable. I don't know why but oh well. We had an ultra sound and little Bentley Coupe is doing great. He looks just like his brother did in his ultra sound. The difference between Rykkar and Bentley is that Bentley is a whole lot smaller than Rykkar was. He shows to be 5 1/2 lbs right now and he only has 2 1/2 more weeks to grow. We are doing my c section between February 11th or 13th. I guess they like to do them 10 days before your due date. I can't believe how soon that is. I am so happy about not being pregnant though. I have had a hard time watching a 2 year old and being in so much pain! So I will have to stay in the hospital for 3 to 4 days and then get to go home. Then my mom is flying out to be with us for a week on the 21st.

We also found out that they have a house for us. We went into our appointment in the housing department and were given a 2 bedroom apartment available to move in on February 6th. But when they saw that I was pregnant again they offered us their last town home. It's a 3 bedroom and much bigger. It won't be available to move into until February 17th but we'll be there for 3 years. So I am ok waiting a little longer for the right place to live. We've driven past the house and it's so cute. We feel very lucky to be able to get such a larger place. And we're very surprised. The Army is funny because we were told that because of Josh's rank and because our kids were so young and both boys that there was no way to get anything but a 2 bedroom apartment, and then we go in and they ask why we didn't tell them I was pregnant. Which we did tell them but to out knowledge it didn't matter. Anyways we're very greateful to get into a house.

So In 2 weeks it's going to be very crazy. I will have Bentley hopefully on the 13th and then get out of the hospital on the 16th or 17th. Then we will be moving into our house which I will be on baby duty, also taking it easy from my surgery. Josh will be juggling Rykkar and moving all of our stuff into our house. Then our car arrives on the 19th!!!! Yay no more walking. Then we will pick my mom up from the Frankfurt airport on the 21st. WOW! Crazy stuff. Then our stuff will arrive from the states on March 3rd. It will be nice to have our furniture and clothes and all of our familiar things. Rykkar will be excited to get his toys. Anyways... This is our crazy life for the next month. It's going to be exciting but very hectic. We will keep everyone updated and try to post some pictures. Love you all.

4 comments:

  1. Amanda, that is great news about everything...it sounds like things are working out pretty good for you! Best of luck with the c section, the move, and everything else. I know your mom is excited to come visit...I laughed so hard at the story she told us about Rykkar and the little girl in the store and how he growled at her...and then the baby stuff...what a funny little boy you have! I know GG and your mom miss him so much! I miss Lilly already and I've only been gone 3 days...but I will be out there in 3 weeks again for presidents day...yippee! Being a grandma is the best ever!
    Enjoy some Kaas Spaetzel for me (cheese noodles)
    Love ya, Aunt Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ya I guess with Rykkar I gave birth to a little lion, he loves to growl! I bet you miss Lilly a lot. At least you're close. I will have to try some Kaas Spaetzel someime thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The other thing to try is if you go to Garmisch....get some ski wasser...its awesome!

    We're sooo glad that things are working out for you!!! It'll be so nice for you guys to have that extra space! who knows...you might have yet another person before you come back to the states...who knows!!!! anyway...keep us posted on what's happening and how things are going! love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs and Kisses from your mom and grandma. Your pictures are darling. Rykkar is changing so much. I am so excited to see you guys. I didn't think my withdrawls would be so hard but I miss my little buddy Rykkar!!! I can't wait to come and see you guys and kiss and hug Rykkar and new little Bentley. I sent your car seat today Friday 1/30 I put insurance on it in case it were to get damaged. I love the 3D picture of little Bentley. Rachele says he looks like Rykkar did in his pictures. Have fun over there and I will see you in about 3 weeks. Hugs and Kisses always, MOM H

    ReplyDelete